Welcome

Friday 17 March 2017

Nyger seed feeders

I think I've tried about 6 or 7 different nyger seed feeders and there is only one that I would recommend to use.  That is one produced by Natures Feast and is available to buy on the internet.  I got mine from ebay, where they sell for around £13.  Okay, not cheap but they have the advantage that you can buy a tray to attach, to catch the debris (essential in my opinion!), are pretty easy to clean, are robust so don't break, and can accommodate over 6 birds feeding at once.


You can see in my picture all the husks that have built up in the tray!  The only down-side to this feeder is that in the wet, the seeds also get wet.  If rain is forecast, I only fill it a little, anticipating some will be wasted.  If a full feeder gets wet, I pour out the seed into a jug - this will be dry and can be used again.  The wet seeds remains in the feeder were it can be brushed out and thrown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment