Welcome

Sunday 12 March 2017

Feeding Stations

If you feed birds, you need somewhere to hang your feeders from.  I have three separate feeding stations (yes, I know!!) my main one being a tree at the far end of my garden.  It holds lots of feeders but is far from the house which makes viewing less easy.

I also have a commercially bought station which is nearer the house and does a good job of holding 3 or 4 different types of feeder.

Finally, I made one myself for around £15 using a wooden stake, some dowelling and metal hooks.  I also got some old bits of wood to screw to the lower section to act as stabilisers as we have a stony type of soil which makes hammering the stake deep into the ground difficult.
This is the least used of my feeding stations, possibly because it's the the newest, but also because it is closest to the house.   I would be wary of having anything too close to the house as I wouldn't want to risk vermin being attracted to near my home!  For that reason, I would never use a feeder that stuck to my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment